Australian Talented Youth Project
THE NEXT ATY MENTORING INTENSIVE WILL TAKE PLACE IN CANBERRA IN JULY 2018
Watch this space for announcements and our exciting line up of mentors!
Liz Lea, ATY Project Director, is currently on tour across regional Queensland with her children’s show Reef UP! Connecting with young people, their families and teachers are inspiring new ideas for the 2018 Intensive.
Liz is thrilled to announce she was the recipient of a 2017 Australian Dance Award for her direction of Great Sport! for Canberra Dance Theatre and Canberra’s Dance for Parkinson’s dance group. Her work with community focuses on intergenerational aspect, and this also applies to Liz’s engagement in the ATY Project.
What is the Australian Talented Youth Project?
The Australian Talented Youth Project (ATY Project) is an artistic mentoring program for young Australians.
- To enrich the culture of Australia through the mentorship of young emerging artists, particularly those from regional and remote areas.
- To advocate for the Arts in modern day Australia.
- To develop artistic capacity and cultural leadership skills of young artists.
- To encourage collaboration across all art forms – music, dance, visual arts, creative writing, film production, and drama.
- To develop and expand artistic networks.
- To support artistic endeavours and celebrate effort and achievement.
- Excellence – fulfillment of artistic potential
- Diversity – of art forms, artists, ideas, cultures and places
- Connectedness – artistic identity within diverse communities
- Celebration – bringing the creativity and achievement of young emerging artists together into the Nation’s Capital.
"It was the best week of my life! I learnt so much …We have all been staying in close contact…
Thank you so very much for the excellent opportunity and the amazing experience. I will never forget it…”.